From oatmeal to French toast, these chai-flavored breakfast recipes promise to give energy and keep you satisfied all morning.
If you want some fresh and bold tasting breakfast recipes, these are for you. Inspired and flavored with my Chai Latte Mix, they are the perfect addition to any morning because they are healthy, full of nutrients and antioxidants and will keep you full for hours. They are also the perfect recipe for breaking your fast, as they don’t spike glucose levels!
Chai-Spiced Pear Oatmeal
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- Dash of salt
- Cooking spray
- ½ pear, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon agave or honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons oat milk
- 1 scoop of Dr. Amy’s Chai Latte Powder Mix
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon toasted chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut flakes (optional)
Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in oats and dash of salt. Reduce heat; simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Heat a pan over medium heat; coat with cooking spray. Add pear to pan. Sauté for three minutes; stir in honey. Cook for two minutes. Stir oat milk and chai latte powder into oatmeal. Top with pear slices, coconut flakes and walnuts.
Chai Latte Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 scoop of Dr. Amy Shah’s Chai Latte Powder Mix
- ⅓ cup raw cashews, soaked overnight then drained
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or two packets of stevia
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Combine chai powder in lukewarm water and mix well. Set aside.
- Blend the tea, cashews, vanilla extract, maple syrup or stevia, cinnamon and nutmeg in a high-speed blender until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl of chia seeds and refrigerate overnight until set.
- Top with berries and coconut and break your fast after a workout the next day.
Vegan Chai Tea French Toast!
- 2 pieces of whole wheat bread
- Vegan earth balance or coconut oil for frying
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk such as oat, almond, or coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ scoop of Dr. Amy Shah’s Chai Latte Powder Mix
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed
- Make custard for french toast by mixing all ingredients listed above
- Dip the slices of bread into the custard for about 30 seconds per side
- Melt the vegan earth balance or coconut oil in a skillet at medium heat
- Cook the bread slices for about two minutes on each side until golden and crunchy.
Syrup not needed because the chai mix contains stevia. Top with berries and break that fast!
Creamy Berry Overnight Oats
(Make the night before and break your fast with ease!)
- 1 cup of Old-fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 cup of mixed berries (I like chopped strawberries and whole blueberries)
- 2 cups of oat milk
- 1 scoop of Dr. Amy Shah's Chai Latte Powder Mix
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
The night before you break your fast, mix all of these ingredients together in a large bowl and refrigerate overnight. Tips: Berries can be blended to create a beautiful color and more even distribution and you can add any type of chopped nut on top for a protein punch. Grab a bowl of this healthy and delicious oatmeal to break your fast after your fasted workout.
Chai Tea Cinnamon Toast
- 1-2 pieces of whole wheat bread
- ½ teaspoon of earth balance vegan spread
- ⅛ of a scoop of Dr. Amy Shah’s Chai Latte Powder Mix
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pear and fig slices (or your favorite fruit!)
- Preheat broiler on low
- Spread butter on two pieces of bread
- Sprinkle chai latte powder mix and cinnamon on top
- Place under broiler for 1 minute and 30 seconds
- Remove and top with your favorite fruit slices
- Cut into strips and dunk into Dr. Amy Shah’s Chai Latte for an extra sweet treat!
Tip: Like dunking in your chai? Make a piece of Chai Tea Cinnamon Toast and break your fast with a healthy, naturally sweet treat!