Cauliflower really is the big name in food at the minute.
It’s perfect for low-carb and keto diets and is extremely tasty, so you won’t feel like you’re missing out on anything. Let’s briefly look at the incredible health benefits of this versatile vegetable. Cauliflower is low calorie and carb which means that it’s high in fiber. All this fiber is so good for your guts, lowering inflammation, and helping weight loss. It also packs in a load of Vitamin C, more than the RDA, and a hearty amount of vital Vitamin K which is lacking in so many Western diets.
This creamy soup is so luxurious and an absolute belly warmer, so perfect for the change in temperature. Is there anything nicer than curling up on the sofa with a good book, listening to the rain, with a big bowl of soup to warm you up? This soup would be delicious with a slice of rye sourdough bread or another favorite gluten-free loaf. If you’re grain or carb free, double up your soup portion or a side salad to give your meal that extra bit of oomph.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or 2 Tbsp dairy-free butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spread the cauliflower onto a large baking tray and mix with the salt, pepper, and oil or dairy-free butter. Roast for 30-35 minutes until cauliflower can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, set a large pot with 4 cups of water to boil. Once boiled, set aside.
- Transfer cauliflower to a blender and blend on medium-high speed. Slowly pour in the freshly boiled water, scraping the sides as you need to until you have the desired consistency for your soup. The longer you blend the silkier this soup becomes. You can also add in some extra olive oil or dairy-free butter here to give an added creamy boost.
- Empty any remaining water from the pot and pour the soup in. Heat through over low heat.
- You may find you want to add additional spices here: cayenne pepper, thyme, smoked paprika, nutritional yeast. Play around with the soup until you’re totally happy with the flavors.
- Serve with a slice of rye or gluten free bread and enjoy.