Day 9 of the 60 Day Ultimate Optimization Challenge

Welcome to Day #9 of the 60-Day Ultimate Optimization Challenge!

Welcome to day nine! So what did you think of macro counting? Is it something that you would be interested in doing for three days to adjust your diet? I think it was a nice eye-opening experience for me – – and I made adjustments accordingly. These are all steps for you to find your favorite flavor of keeping in check :-)

Today we’re going to talk about counting calories as a check in!

Welcome to Day #9 of the 60-Day Ultimate Optimization Challenge!

Should you track calories? Should you not track calories? Most people are confused, but I think calorie counting is extremely beneficial if done the right way! Here’s why:

Why track calories? This is a classic, tried-and-true way to maintain or lose weight. A caloric deficit will ensure you lose weight.

How to track: Use a basal rate calculator to get an accurate daily number

The best method to track food: Follow the 90/10 plan—eat clean, whole foods 90 percent of the time and splurge on the remaining 10 percent of calories.

Your homework for today is: Use a basal rate calculator and track your food intake for a day!

Head to the official 60 Day Ultimate Optimization Challenge facebook group

Don't forget to use hashtag #optimizemechallenge to share your journey and connect with others.

Have questions? Please email